Eton Mess. It just screams of summer, don’t you agree? With fluffy whipped cream. Crunchy meringue. And gorgeous summer berries. It’s a taste-sensation! You really can’t go wrong. Plus, it gets extra points because even though it’s super easy to make, it’s always a showstopper!
Always looking for a new take on a classic, we asked our friends at Cake Angels for their favourite Eton Mess recipe. We think you’ll like this one…
- Whip the double cream until thick enough to form peaks.
- Wash, hull and finely chop all the strawberries.
- Place half the strawberries in a saucepan with the caster sugar and cook over a medium heat for 8 mins making sure the mix is stirred occasionally. Once softened, use a spatula or the back of a spoon to break down the softened fruit. Set aside.
- Using your hands, crush the meringue nests and fold through the whipped cream with the remaining chopped strawberries and 70g of the posh toppers. Keep folding the mixture until fully combined.
- Swirl through the cooked strawberries and spoon the mix into 4 glasses.
- Finally, top the Eton mess with the remaining posh toppers and garnish with a few mint leaves.
Don’t forget to enter our competition with the folks at Cake Angels, who are giving away a fabulous bundle of goodies. Just like our lollies, these yummy cakes contain no nasties – just naturally divine, unbelievably good treats. One lucky winner will receive a bundle of goodies from Cake Angels, including the new Gloriously British Range (think nostalgic favourites with a modern twist!), plus 10 boxes of our award-winning froyo lollies.