Check out our Festive Froyo Bark recipe, we are the experts in frozen yoghurt after all! It’s an easy-to-make, healthy recipe that the kids will love. It can be made using Greek yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or even vegan yoghurt. Why not get the kids involved too – they can get creative with the yoghurt ‘slab’, decorating it with their own fruity favourites.
It takes just 10 minutes to make and then leave to freeze for a few hours. A delicious, healthy snack for the holiday season.
Christmas is a time of indulgence, mince pies, cakes and chocolates. But it’s always good to have some healthy Christmas snacks ready for when you want to reach for the good stuff. This festive froyo bark recipe is a great snack for the whole family and is make using whatever yoghurt you like. Then you can use whatever you like to decorate it. We stepped away from the sweets and sprinkles, opting for a range of delicious fruits and added in some festive flavour with fresh cranberries
How to make festive froyo bark
This recipe is so easy to make. You just need to choose your favourite yoghurt, decorate it with your chosen fruit and then freeze. It’s that simple! It takes just 10 minutes and then a few hours to freeze.
Suggestions for toppings: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberies, kiwi, cranberries, pomegranate seeds, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles (but watch out for added sugar!). Why not add in some festive spices such as cinnamon or swirl some cranberry sauce into your yoghurt before freezing?
This recipe isn’t sweet as we’ve used unsweetened Greek-style yoghurt. If you want to add a little something, swirl in some honey or maple syrup. The choice is yours!
- Cover a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Choose your yoghurt. We used a 500g tub of Greek-style yoghurt. Add any extras such as honey or cinnamon, or swirl in some cranberry sauce and shredded coconut.
- Spread your yoghurt in a thin later over the baking paper.
- Prepare your toppings. Chop fruit into small pieces. Add a festive touch with star shaped kiwis.
- Decorate to your hearts content! We just arranged our toppings evenly over the yoghurt but you can let your creativity loose and have some fun!
- Pop in the freezer and leave for a few hours. It should take between 2-4 hours.
- Once frozen, take it out of the freezer and snap into smaller pieces. Pop into a container and store in your freezer, ready to pull out at any time.
Tis the season to be lolly!
Claudi & Fin’s award-winning lollies contain no nasties, just 100% natural ingredients. They are low in sugar and calories and the mini, rocket-shaped lollies come in three fruity flavours – Strawberry, Mango and Peach & Apricot. Find them in the frozen aisle in supermarkets nationwide.